Admitting Clerk, Admitting
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
Flexibility required to cover all shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends).
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Completion of a Medical Office/Secretarial certificate program
- Strong clerical skills including accurate typing and spelling
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Experience dealing with the public
- Good decision making skills required to ensure accurate and thorough documentation
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting
- Demonstrated computer skills at a basic level, particularly Microsoft Word
- Strong problem solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Experience with Cerner patient care systems
- Experience with admitting and patient registration processes
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 08, 2021
Submission deadline: October 14, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.