Posting # 46290 - [ Non-Union ]
Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Prevention & Control
- 1 position
Infection Prevention & Control
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
**Temporary position anticipated to extend until June 30 2022, subject to the availability of work.
The Infection Control Practitioner develops, implements, monitors and evaluates infection control practices within our organization, based on best practice standards proven to reduce the acquisition/transmission of pathogens amongst patients and staff. Key practices include surveillance, measures to contain organisms of epidemiological importance and outbreak management. By providing consultation, guidance and coaching regarding infection safety practices to patient care teams, the Infection Control Practitioner is influential in advancing key patient and staff infection safety initiatives. This role functions as a consultant, role model, investigator and educator responsible for recommending and implementing strategies that impact our patients and their families, all health care workers (ie. staff, physicians and volunteers) and the public.
Teaching and Research
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Registered Nurse (BScN preferred), or Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Bachelors Degree and current registration with the relevant College or Association required
- Current Certification with the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC)
- Two years experience in IPAC or related area
- Experience working in a hospital or public health facility
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in required discipline
- Experience with epidemiological data gathering, statistics and audits
- Knowledge of and skills in implementing infection prevention and control measures
- Preferred knowledge of the nature and processes of hospital associated infections and outbreaks in a healthcare environment, investigatory and medical surveillance procedures, documentation and standards.
- An effective influencer
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills, (plan, develop and conduct) and applies knowledge of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in coaching others
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and able to effectively interact with clinical & non-clinical teams
- Superior communication (both written and verbal),interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications, (MS Office).
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with physicians, leaders and staff as well as external agencies and the public
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development and learning
- Demonstrates understanding of continuous improvement principles and tools.
- Possesses highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized, with an ability to determine priorities and plan activities while performing a variety of different responsibilities with conflicting deadlines
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 08, 2021
Submission deadline: October 14, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.