Certified Cook, Food & Nutrition Services
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services - Parkwood Institute, Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care, St. Joseph's Hospital
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Teaching and Research
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Interprovincial Red Seal Cook Certification
- Safe Food Handler Certification or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English
- 5 years previous cooking experience in an institutional setting
- Health and physical condition consistent with constant bending, standing, walking and lifting up to 28 kg.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong customer service commitment
- Ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 22, 2021
Submission deadline: November 28, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.