Systems Specialist, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, created to consolidate the functions of purchasing, accounts payable and inventory management for the London Hospitals. HMMS also services other hospitals on a regional basis.
Reporting to the Manager of Supply Chain Technology, the role is expected to understand the detailed technology requirements for the Warehouse & Logistics department of HMMS, and their customers to ensure technology is available and optimized. This ensures HMMS processes have seamless movement of information, which results in the capture and sharing of information across the organization
The role of System Specialist - Warehouse & Logistics leads in the analysis of the functionality and requirements for all HMMS Supply Chain Warehouse & Logistics applications and hardware (Warehouse Management System, Supply Tracking, Geo Tab, Warehouse Handheld Scanner, Loftware) and provides recommendations for new/changes in the technology processes and portfolio. It leads project tasks associated with the implementation, testing, training and support of the Warehouse & Logistics modules in HMMS Technology.
The role must balance multiple of independent and interrelated project tasks and production support at one time. The System Specialist is responsible for trouble-shooting escalated work requests/calls from leaders, staff and customers.
This role is expected to intimately understand the requirements of their customers and make recommendations to them based on market awareness, product knowledge and vendor relationships.
In addition, the role is expected to participate in ITS standardization initiatives, and participate in strategic and operational business projects related to the technology requirements for all aspects of HMMS Supply Chain.
This position will lead the following initiatives:
- Resolution of complex Warehouse & Logistics Supply Chain applications issues and ensuring these applications are operating efficiently
- Assessing requests for new or changes to functionality within the Warehouse & Logistics Supply Chain applications and recommending how the applications can meet the needs of HMMS Warehouse & Logistics Department
- Diffusing complex situations and directing team members to use modified protocols for troubleshooting or as workarounds
- Analysis and scoping of software requirements to ensure future work directions and overall functionality of software applications to meet evolving user needs across the organizational work systems
- Rigorous quality assurance to ensure financial applications are built and configured to function optimally within an integrated suite of applications
- Reviewing existing processes related to technology and making recommendations to HMMS Leadership regarding opportunities for process improvements
- Designing and executing test plans for implementation of new code in the TEST environment. Evaluating and testing software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements
- Assessing learning needs of end user, develops detailed training materials and conducts training sessions to prepare users for transition to any project implementation
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management & Logistics, Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent
- Successful completion of APICS or P.Log certification or Lean Six Sigma or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated functional experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Warehouse & Distribution
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated technical experience leading and supporting Warehouse & Logistics Supply Chain applications preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing process re-design
- Demonstrated experience supporting general hardware components (PC, Printer, Handheld, Tablets)
- Superior computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph’s Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 06, 2021
Submission deadline: October 19, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.