Posting # 45706 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Operational Stress Injury Clinic
- 1 position
Operational Stress Injury Clinic
Operational Stress Injury Clinic - Toronto, ON
Regular Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
The primary location for this position is within the Greater Toronto Area, however the position is part of the larger OSI program and may require providing virtual services to the London site as well.
Parkwood GTA Services
5000 Yonge Street
Suite 1401, Floor 14
Toronto, ON M2N 7E9
The Operational Stress Injury [OSI] Clinic is part of a larger network of clinics across Canada and is designed to provide specialized mental health services to eligible Veterans, members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the RCMP, and their family members. St. Joseph's Operational Stress Injury Clinic is responsible for service provision across a geographic region including Southwestern Ontario, the Greater Toronto Area and portions of Central Ontario. St. Joseph's OSI Clinic currently has satellite clinics in Toronto and Hamilton with staff working from these sites. While the primary location for this position is at the Greater Toronto Area site, there may be need to travel to other OSI Clinic sites on occasion, as part of the role.
As a member of this interdisciplinary team, you will be required to apply advanced clinical knowledge in the areas of assessment and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioural disorders for those who are referred to the clinic as a result of traumatic stress injuries. Treatment may involve individual and group approaches. This role necessitates effective communication and collaboration with Veterans Affairs Canada, Department of National Defense, RCMP, family physicians, and other community partners such as Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS) partners.
- Valid registration as a Psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with area of practice in clinical psychology for an adult client population. Couples client population authorization is an asset.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with an inter-professional team and community agencies
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and/or Group Intervention
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adult mental health conditions, primarily PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome-oriented practice
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain effective partnerships within the community in order to effectively address patient needs.
- Demonstrated strength in written/verbal communication
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
- Travel within the catchment area is required with ability to be flexible and travel between clinic sites, as needed.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of the effects of Military and RCMP work.
- Demonstrated awareness of best practices in Posttraumatic Stress Disorders, and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders
- Demonstrated experience in working with related conditions (e.g. chronic pain, addictions)
- Demonstrated interest in research
- Knowledge of or experience in empirically supported therapies for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, such as Prolonged Exposure Therapy or Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Demonstrated experience in administering semi-structured diagnostic interviews for psychiatric disorders (e.g., SCID, M.I.N.I.) and PTSD specifically (e.g., CAPS)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph’s Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: September 29, 2021
Submission deadline: October 26, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.