Security - Security Services
- 3 positions
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Regular Part Time
NOTE: This position is not assigned to a specific site. The successful candidate may be required to work at any site within St. Joseph's Health Care London.
As an integral part of the health care team, Security assists in the provision of a safe environment for our patients, staff and visitors within the property of St. Joseph's Health Care London. This is accomplished via crisis intervention, preventative patrols and alarm monitoring, emergency response, investigation, and report writing. All events are documented through clear and concise electronic report writing and adhere strictly with privacy legislation and ensure compliance. The security guard role delivers a consistent and outstanding level of customer service to patients, staff and visitors by actively seeking out opportunities to provide assistance and support. Security reminds all who are on the property of St. Joseph's the importance of compliance with corporate policies and assists clinical teams with potentially aggressive patients to reduce risk and harm to patient, self and others. This position displays and practices a work-style that reflects the mission, vision, and values of St. Joseph's, and strives to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and policies as well as maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedure.
- Post-Secondary Diploma from a recognized educational facility in law and security or law enforcement or protection, security and investigation in the province of Ontario
- Maintain active and valid Security Guard license with the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Valid CPR certificate
- First Aid certification
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and public interaction
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills in emergent and critical situations
- Ability to recognize and respond quickly to situations that are an obvious significant safety risk
- Demonstrated accurate and detail-oriented report writing
- Demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Successful negotiation skills in stressful situations
- Training in de-escalation in crisis situation
Teaching and Research
- Experience in a health care setting
- Knowledge of the Ontario Fire Code
- Crisis intervention training
- Proficiency in French would an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College, is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 23, 2021
Submission deadline: August 05, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.