Posting # 45638 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Advanced Behaviour Analyst, Mental Health
- 1 position
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
An exciting new opportunity exists within our Forensic Psychiatry program for an innovative individual with experience and recognized training in the treatment of persons with severe mental illness. Our well-established program is enhancing its model with the addition of an Advanced Behaviour Analyst position.
The Advanced Behaviour Analyst will develop and implement behaviour programs and will train front line staff in the application and integration of these programs into daily care plans. In addition, the Advanced Behaviour Analyst will perform their work as an effective member of the interprofessional care team and will, along with other members of the team, establish a therapeutic milieu on the unit while providing structured behavioural assessments, preparing reports, and delivering behaviour-analytic interventions, including environmental support strategies, education and direct interventions.
- Masters' Degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Applied Disability Studies, Counselling, Clinical or School Psychology
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) or in process.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience providing Behaviour Therapy services in the area of mental health
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in applied behaviour analysis and in developing evidence-based programs for individuals with severe mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to work in the field independently, without daily supervision while planning and delivering behavioural services.
- An ability to work within a team as well as independently,
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, crisis intervention and counseling skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Research
- Experience working in Forensic Mental Health Care
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 17, 2021
Submission deadline: August 23, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.