Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Geriatric Psychiatry H2 G2
- 1 position
Geriatric Psychiatry H2 G2
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
The Geriatric Psychiatry Program has adopted the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, it also includes a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans.
The Geriatric Psychiatry Program serves patients with severe and persistent mental illness with responsive behaviours and co morbid medical conditions. H2 (Behavioural Health Unit) provides consultation assessment and treatment for persons with moderate to advanced dementia with responsive behaviours. G2 (Geriatric Mental Health Unit) provides consultation, assessment and treatment for persons with severe and persistent mental illness.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program from an accredited education facility
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Experience and knowledge of the care needs of geriatric patients with severe and persistent mental illness with responsive behaviours
- Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in the team environment
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
Teaching and Research
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- An interest in working with the elderly population
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 21, 2021
Submission deadline: July 27, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.