Posting # 45620 - [ Non-Union ]
Administrative Assistant, Facilities Engineering
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until July 25, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for accurate and efficient administrative processes in support of the Director and their program and corporate accountabilities. The Administrative Assistant works closely with Program staff and leaders to support the work of the portfolio and program operations. The Administrative Assistant supports the Director in his/her workload by organizing, maintaining and optimizing his/her calendar schedule. This role is also responsible for incorporating efficient and effective use of electronic systems and software to gather information, generate correspondence, and create presentations on behalf of the Director.
Teaching and Research
- College diploma in administrative studies (2-3 year program)
- A minimum of 2 years of recent experience in related administrative professional role
- Self-starter, demonstrating initiative, anticipating needs and willing to tackle additional tasks to support Director/department
- Highly developed prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated comfort and aptitude for technology, use of multiple systems, etc.
- Successful completion/pass at Intermediate level: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and reports independently and with accuracy, including responding directly to routine correspondence or inquiries
- Demonstrated ability to accept and adapt to changing priorities, procedures, methods and continuous improvement strategies
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, maintain a high level of accuracy and analyze/manipulate data
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 21, 2021
Submission deadline: July 27, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.