Registered Nurse, Endoscopy Unit
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until May 16, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
The RN is an integral part of the Endoscopy Team. The application of the 3 factor framework, the nursing process and collaboration with the healthcare team continue to be the primary responsibility of nurses at each care transition of this high paced Endoscopy Unit. This busy unit sees patients scheduled for various GI health care concerns as well as for screening procedures. The RN works both independently and with the Physicians to ensure safe, quality patient care throughout the entire patient experience.
- Valid registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Endoscopy experience or 2 years recent GI Surgery/GI Medicine experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced outpatient environment
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and self-direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated team skills
- Demonstrated expertise in decision making, critical thinking and clinical problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in achieving positive patient outcomes
- Demonstrated patient education skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience in an Endoscopy Unit
- IV insertions
- Experience in care/monitoring of patients recovering from IV conscious sedation
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 21, 2021
Submission deadline: July 27, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.