Educator, Professional Practice
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until December 23, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
An exciting new opportunity at St. Joseph's Health Care London! The educator position is a new corporate role that will work across the organization and is accountable for delivering orientation and training to new clinical staff related to electronic documentation systems. Reporting within professional practice, this role will work with leaders and local resources across the organization to standardize the use of electronic documentation systems based on evidence based practice. This will include the development and delivery of educational and change management materials as well as monitoring for outcomes of training/standardization. This role will provide ongoing support to clinical staff related to their use of the electronic health records and key documentation practices. It will act as a professional resource for members of the health care team to support the adoption of standards as well as the development of policies and procedures that promote evidence based practices.
The educator role works within an interprofessional framework and is expected to support both nursing and allied health documentation practices within the electronic health record. This specific role will primarily be supporting allied health practices within the interprofessional context.
Teaching and Research
- Member of a regulated health profession with a minimum of a Bachelor degree; current registration with their College
- Strong knowledge of adult education principles and learning styles, needs assessment, design and evaluation process
- Expert assessment and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with staff in all roles
- Knowledge of key roles within a healthcare setting and how they function
- Evidence of ability to support a collaborative and empowering learning environment
- Demonstrated skills for one on one and group interaction
- Proven initiative and leadership abilities and self-directedness
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and respond positively to rapid change
- Evidence of continuous learning and the use of research in practice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational, consultation and negotiation skills
- Skill at managing projects related to changes in nursing practice or work processes
- Strong computer skills with experience working within a Windows and Microsoft office environment
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience
- Experience in an Electronic Health Record/Documentation environment
- Experience in supporting colleagues to manage change effectively, and insight into change impact within organizations
- Experience providing effective, outcome oriented performance coaching to individuals and groups (e.g. experience as a clinical preceptor)
- Previous teaching experience
- Previous committee involvement
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 20, 2021
Submission deadline: July 26, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.