Personal Support Worker (PSW), Rehabilitation
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program serves individuals with Stroke, Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury and other Neurological conditions to become as independent as possible and return to the community. The majority of patients return home.
The PSW will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team of dietitians, nurses, occupational therapists, pharmacists, physicians, physiotherapists, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists, and therapeutic recreation specialists to help the patient achieve their goals.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program from an accredited education facility
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, observational skills
- Ability to perform functions that require heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Ability to assist with safe lifting, transferring and ambulation of patients
- Ability to work in a team environment
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent in Ontario
- An interest in working with the rehabilitation population
- Previous experience in a health care environment
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of hospital equipment
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 19, 2021
Submission deadline: July 25, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.