Professional Practice Consultant, Professional Practice
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
An exciting opportunity exists at St. Joseph's Health Care London! As a Professional Practice Consultant, your role is to provide organization-wide leadership for the advancement of professional practice in collaboration with Professional Practice team colleagues and clinical leaders. You will provide leadership in relation to professional standards, problem solving regarding practice issues and system-wide projects and change initiatives. You will also provide consultation and coaching for individuals, teams and Professional Councils and will support the organization in its academic mandate through supporting student placements and successful relationships with academic partners. Specific accountabilities for the role under recruitment include the support of student affairs, nursing practice guidelines and standards, and understanding nursing scopes of practice to support our model of care reviews within an interprofessional context.
Success in the role will depend upon the development of effective relationships with leaders and other teams, both internal and external to the organization. In addition, you will be required to help translate relevant data and trends into meaningful information within a shared leadership environment.
Teaching and Research
- Relevant Masters degree
- Current registration with a Professional College
- Member of Professional Associations and specialty or interest group affiliations
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in project work with an emphasis upon the evaluation of outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in documentation and/or electronic patient record systems
- Effective consultation and coaching skills
- Strong knowledge foundation and demonstrated experience in research, research utilization and the promotion of evidence-based practices
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in team development in a health care setting
- Strong knowledge, skills and experience in areas of professional standards, legislation and professional practice
- Sound problem solving, negotiation, project management, research and teaching skills
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 19, 2021
Submission deadline: July 25, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.