Clinical Receptionist Assistant, Women's Ambulatory Health
- 1 position
Women's Ambulatory Health
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Casual Part Time
An exciting opportunity exists for a Clinical Reception Assistant (CRA) to provide services within the colposcopy clinic, which is part of the Women's Ambulatory Health Clinic (WAHC) at St. Joseph's Hospital.
The CRA's primary role is to welcome, register and schedule the patient, escort the patient to the exam room and assist with preparing the patient for her colposcopic exam (an exam of the patient similar to a Pap test). The CRA remains present with the physician during the patient's colposcopy procedure to assist the physician and patient with the colposcopic exam, and then accurately performs the patient specimen collect, ordering and labeling process as ordered and validated by the physician.
The CRA's responsibilities include and are not limited to: being a calm welcoming presence for each patient, prepping patients for their exam, assisting the physician with patient care, scheduling and registration of patient appointments, clerical & administration duties, laboratory order entry, specimen collect/labeling, following infection control protocols for cleaning the room between patients and restocking rooms.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Medical Office Assistant certificate program
- 5 years of experience as a clinical reception assistant or similar clinical role
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated computer experience in order entry and out patient registration
- Demonstrated computer skills including basic level knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills required to ensure all necessary information is collected as per individual circumstances
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience in an Ambulatory setting, preferably in Women's Health
- Experience with Cerner patient care systems
- Experience in a clinic setting
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 16, 2021
Submission deadline: July 22, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.