NP/CNS, Mental Health
- 1 position
Adult Ambulatory Care
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
*** REPOSTED ***
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until October 24, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with mental illness on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition to providing direct care to individuals living with mental illness, the organization is also actively involved in the education of future clinicians and in advancing the research knowledge base. Our work is guided by a recovery-oriented philosophy of care as well as the utilization of treatment and rehabilitation interventions that are based on the best available evidence of their effectiveness to assist individuals in pursuing their life goals. We believe in supporting both the individual and their family/friends throughout their recovery journey.
An exciting opportunity exists for an NP/CNS within Adult Ambulatory/Outreach Services which provides outpatient services to clients requiring tertiary level mental health care. The successful candidate will bring specialized knowledge, and demonstrated clinical excellence to ensure the use of evidence-based practices in mental health clinical settings. The role provides clinical and professional leadership through expert practitioner role modeling, integration of theory and research into clinical decision making, education and consultation. Working closely with psychiatrists and other physicians, the successful candidate will provide interim primary care support/rehabilitation/treatment and transition to clients with serious, complex and recurring mental illness within an ambulatory care setting. Within their role, this individual will use the principles of client-centered care and Psychosocial Rehab (PSR) within a recovery oriented philosophy and frequently in conjunction with community partners and health care providers.
Teaching and Research
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class Specialty certificate in either Primary Health Care (NP-PHC) or Nurse Practitioner (NP-Adult).
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN) or Masters of Nursing (MN) or health care related Master?s degree
- Minimum three years of recent clinical experience in community and/or outpatient mental health care
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated knowledge of chronic disease management and the promotion of self-management
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in the clinical management of individuals with severe, complex and recurring mental illness, in addition to co-morbid physical conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in recovery oriented practice and Psychosocial Rehab (PSR).
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in the provision of therapeutic interventions and approaches including Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialetical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Superior interpersonal, coaching and communication skills to effectively work within clinic/outpatient settings
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a facilitative teaching approach with patients/families and teams
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and/or promoting research use in practice
- Experience and demonstrated skills in implementing quality improvement initiatives and leading change initiatives
- Previous teaching experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Member of RNAO or NPAO with professional liability insurance
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 30, 2021
Submission deadline: August 20, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.