Business Intelligence Specialist, QM&CDS
- 1 position
Quality Measurement & Clinical Decision Support (QM&CDS)
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Quality Measurement & Clinical Decision Support (QM&CDS) provides leadership and expertise in the development of integrated analytics and methodologies for measurement to support quality improvement, patient safety, performance measurement, and initiatives supporting the strategic plan. QM&CDS manages key information systems including the Patient Safety Reporting System, National Rehabilitation Reporting System, Resident Assessment Instruments, Infomed Workload Measurement System, and Case Costing System. Business intelligence development is a core function within QM&CDS.
As a Business Intelligence Specialist in QM&CDS, you will work with the business intelligence team members to support the development of BI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server technology and other tools while insuring high levels of data integrity and availability. The BI Specialist will design and maintain reports and dashboards, and develop ad hoc T-SQL queries from our data warehouse, cubes and other key data sources to fulfill custom data requests.
The BI Specialist will support maintenance of the data dictionary and online documentation, as well as business intelligence security to ensure appropriate access to reports.
The BI Specialist will collaborate with all QM&CDS team members on projects with the business intelligence team to meet corporate and program objectives, including investigation of issues arising during requirements development and testing.
Teaching and Research
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Ontario College Advanced Diploma in Applied Computer Science or Computer Programming
- Demonstrated knowledge and 2 years related experience working with SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Reporting Technologies SSRS
- Experience or familiarity with SSIS, SSAS, and Tableau
- Strong T-SQL coding abilities
- Experience or familiarity with MDX
- Understanding of and/or previous experience working with health care data
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite products
- Understanding of statistical and data visualization concepts
- An analytical nature, life-long learning and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with varied groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members.
- Demonstrated self awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 13, 2021
Submission deadline: July 25, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.