Finance Specialist, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until August 31, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous other healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full-service supply chain organization, HMMS fulfills millions of product and service requests each year from a roster of >9,000 suppliers, a catalogue of over 85,000 active items through 9 distinct business units. Reporting to the Director, HMMS Finance this position is responsible for providing guidance and expertise to the Finance Analyst team to ensure departmental goals are achieved. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and will be responsible for reporting on departmental results, metrics and monthly key performance indicators, generating analyses by asset, area and customer.
- Provide guidance and expertise to the Finance Analyst Team
- Provide training and coaching to Analysts on all Finance standard operating procedures
- Look for opportunities to improve processes and recommend procedure changes to the Director
- Responsible for preparation of all HMMS month end and year end general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, working papers and documentation
- Performs detailed analysis of trends and financial performance with breakdown of all significant variances to budget to determine cause
- Forecast of current and future cash flow requirements for HMMS, SJHC and LHSC payments, monitor amounts and request cash advances / account transfers from health centres
- Ensure efficient use of organization funds and ensure sufficient cash is available to cover EFT runs and cheques clearing the accounts
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with internal policies of the organizations
- Liaise with HMMS and hospital leaders to provide ad hoc information, reports and analysis for the customer?s needs. Ability to adapt and respond to multiple budgeting and reporting requirements at each organization.
- Key liaison with auditors for onsite visits
- Liaise extensively with bank officials to resolve discrepancies on bank reports, fraudulent cheques, stop payments
- Post-Secondary Bachelor's degree
- Professional Accounting designation
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Understanding of GAAP and Accounting leading practices
- Strong business analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Excellent organizational skills
- Shows initiative
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Leading group decision making
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Minimum of 3 years previous financial accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience guiding diverse teams, and improving efficiency and/or process improvement
- Previous health care experience would be an asset
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 12, 2021
Submission deadline: July 25, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.