Senior Technologist (Anesthesia Assistant) - Respiratory Therapy
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand the role of the Senior Technologist within clinical settings performing procedures outside the Operating Room. The Senior Technologist is a member of the inter-professional team that works under the direction of an anesthesiologist in patient care areas such as Endoscopy, Cataract Suite and Mental Health to develop and implement the anesthesia plan of care.
Primary responsibilities include assessment of the patient and obtain a preoperative health history, perform various interventions such as the insertion of intravenous catheters, airway management, provision of procedural sedation, administration of anesthetic gases and medications, insertion and management of invasive lines, physiologic monitoring of the stable patient under general anesthetic with the supervision of the Anesthesiologist and under the authority of medical directives.
- Graduate of the Anesthesia Assistant Advanced Level Certificate program
- Valid registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Minimum 1 year experience in the Anesthesia Assistant role
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (A.C.L.S.) certification
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Skilled in current Respiratory Therapy techniques
- Experience with anesthetic delivery units and anesthesiology instrumentation
- Demonstrated skill in respiratory assessment and patient education
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programs (ie. PowerChart, Infomed)
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Current membership with the Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario and/or the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and/or the Ontario Respiratory Care Society
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 21, 2021
Submission deadline: August 10, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.