Therapeutic Recreation Aide (TRA), Mt. Hope
- 1 position
Mount Hope - Recreation
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
*** REPOSTED ***
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until February 15, 2023, subject to the availability of work.
The Therapeutic Recreation Aide (TRA) will work as part of the Therapeutic Recreation team to support the residents of Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care. Reporting to the Coordinator of Therapeutic Programs, and under the supervision of the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (TRS), the TRA is responsible for carrying out recreation programming for a designated home area. In this role, the TRA will be responsible for monitoring and documenting patient/resident participation, achievement of defined clinical outcomes, and evaluating activities offered. The TRA will participate actively in planning of recreational programming within the Therapeutic Recreation team. This role requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. Flexibility is required to be available for weekend and evening hours in order to meet the program needs.
- Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a minimum of three courses in therapeutic recreation or a Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation
- Class F License or ability to obtain within the probationary period
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with a variety of medical conditions and a variety of ages
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer systems (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Knowledge of the Leisure Well Being Model
- Food Handler Certification
- Smart Serve certification
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Member/eligibility for membership in Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO)
- St Josephs Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 24, 2021
Submission deadline: June 30, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.