Director Supplier Relations, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)]
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 85,000 active items. Learn more about HMMS through this short online video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhi8PSwKTOI)
As Director Supplier Relations, you are accountable for the development, maintenance and optimization of contractual relationships with our suppliers on behalf of all of our shared service participants, locally and throughout the region. Reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee a leadership team of 2 Managers, with a cumulative staff of over 20 employees. As a member of HMMS' senior leadership team, the successful candidate will possess the capabilities to lead and participate in a collaborative environment with the demonstrated ability to build consensus and deliver value to a variety of stakeholders while maintaining a culture of compliance.
As an established professional and leader, you will participate in the development of strategies that maximize available human, capital, and technological resources and will support the continuous development of our team through education, shared leadership, and the pursuit of best practices. You are known as an innovator and enabler who excels at operational excellence, team building and interpersonal communication. Your leadership style is recognized as harmonious with and reflective of the values of HMMS and our owners; St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre.
- Successful completion of a Degree in a business-related field. (MBA preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative Procurement leading practices
- Demonstrated understanding of Supply Chain leading practices
- A minimum of 5 years previous leadership experience
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience leading complex projects resulting in cost savings, improved efficiency and/or process improvement
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Proven track record for developing and sustaining healthy work environments, effective teams, and a performance driven culture that motivates performance excellence
- Demonstrated business analytical skills and experience with strategic planning
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills as well as presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective skills in consensus building, conflict resolution, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching
- Adept at building positive relationships
Benefits of this position and being a part of the HMMS Team:
- The culture at HMMS is inclusive, empowering and high energy
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Impressive Medical and Dental Benefits
- Work / Life Balance is encouraged
- Being a part of a Team who takes pride in what we do!
Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 11, 2021
Submission deadline: June 24, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.