- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
As a member of the Hand and Upper Limb Clinic Physiotherapy Team, the successful candidate will be a valued member caring for predominantly ambulatory patients with acute and/or complex musculoskeletal orthopaedic conditions of the upper extremity. Additionally, the candidate will also be part of the WSIB Specialty Clinic Team and will provide comprehensive assessments and treatment recommendations within the WSIB Shoulder and Elbow Specialty Clinic. Patients /workers with conditions which include, but are not limited to tendon injuries/reconstructions, peripheral nerve injuries, fractures, dislocations and traumatic injuries to the upper extremity. In a supportive learning environment, the successful candidate would also participate in other opportunities such as program development and evaluation, research activities and student mentorship.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide some weekend physiotherapy care to the acute inpatient population.
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years related experience as a Physiotherapist
- Experience working with acute post surgical and/or chronic musculoskeletal conditions, and demonstrate knowledge and experience with surgical and non surgical conditions related to the shoulder.
- Experience and demonstrated competency in establishing rehabilitation goals and in the implementation of strategies and protocols for goal attainment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated experience using a patient centered approach
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team setting as well as with case managers, insurance companies and attorneys
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven flexibility and a high level of initiative
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice
- Flexibility in adapting to varying case load needs
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate evidence based research into practice
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Knowledge of computer systems (e.g. workload measurement, Cerner, Microsoft Office)
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and relevant interest groups
- Working knowledge and experience with theories and principles of guiding adult learning and patient self management approaches
- Demonstrates initiatives with program development/improvement
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 08, 2021
Submission deadline: June 14, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.