Posting # 45368 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Perioperative Services
- 2 positions
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
Post-Surgical Care at the St Joseph's Hospital site comprises a 16-bay Post Anesthetic Care unit providing recovery following surgery and a 21-bed short stay surgical unit providing services for ophthalmology, urology, upper limb orthopedics, plastics, otolaryngology and interventional radiology populations. We provide pre- and post-operative care, teaching, and discharge planning with a holistic approach to patients. In addition to providing post-surgery care, this role supports Step-Up capacity for inpatients requiring a higher level of care and the Post-Surgical Care nurses are members of the Medical Emergency Response Team for the facility. This unit creates an exciting opportunity for successful candidates to provide post-operative surgical care, and manage patients experiencing complex needs and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse with adult critical care and inpatient surgical nursing experience. This may include emergency department, CCU/ CCU (cardiac care), direct PACU (recovery room) experience and inpatient surgical experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and thrive as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Adult critical care experience (PACU, ICU, CCU or Emergency)
- Adult acute inpatient surgical nursing experience
- Valid A.C.L.S certification
- Experience with: E.C.G. interpretation, Venipuncture and IV starts, Arterial lines & Patient Controlled Analgesia pumps, regional blocks and epidural infusions
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience in the care of Urology, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Plastic Surgery and Orthopedic patients
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Self-directed individual with leadership abilities
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 08, 2021
Submission deadline: June 14, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.