Business Intelligence Consultant, QM & CDS
- 1 position
Quality Measurement and Clinical Decision Support (QM & CDS)
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Quality Measurement & Clinical Decision Support (QM&CDS) provides leadership and expertise in the development of integrated analytics and methodologies for measurement to support quality improvement, patient safety, performance measurement, and initiatives supporting the strategic plan. QM&CDS manages key information systems including the Patient Safety Reporting System, National Rehabilitation Reporting System, Resident Assessment Instruments, Informed Workload Measurement System, and Case Costing System.
The Business Intelligence Development Consultant in QM&CDS will support organization-wide business intelligence development, as well as planning and execution of individual business intelligence development cycles in collaboration with QM&CDS team members and based on multiple clinical information systems. The role will ensure each cycle of development is aligned with organizational and strategic priorities as well as decision making and performance measurement needs at a Program level. The role will provide appropriate design and development of data marts and data cubes for on-line analytical processing. The role will collaborate with QM&CDS team members to support continuous development of strategies for reporting and ensure best practices for business intelligence development, including maintenance of appropriate documentation.
Teaching and Research
- Four-year Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft BI and Reporting Technologies and Development methodologies
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, Power BI and other business intelligence tools.
- Demonstrated experience building cubes and reports that take advantage of OLAP/Dimensional Modeling capabilities
- Experience working with health care data and knowledge of hospital systems such as Cerner systems and other sector-specific clinical information systems such as the National Rehabilitation Reporting System
- Advanced technical skills with SSAS/SSRS/SSIS and other business intelligence tools, T-SQL coding abilities and experience with MDX
- Knowledge of Visual Studio development environment
- Experience in optimizing databases; solid understanding of referential integrity and the use of indexes
- Demonstrated experience with project planning for business intelligence development cycles
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks while managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated skill and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with varied groups of stakeholders including frontline staff, physicians, and administrators
- An analytical nature, life-long learner and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 03, 2021
Submission deadline: June 17, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.