Central Processing Technician - Endoscopy Unit
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer
The role of the Central Processing Technician is to process, prepare and sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies for use in the Endoscopy Program. To ensure consistent quality patient care the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to process significant volume of 25-40 scopes per day with consistent accuracy and attention to detail at the completion of 2 weeks of orientation. The position requires prolonged standing, lifting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Sterile Processing Certificate including field placement from an approved community college
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral, written and reading comprehension and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, assertiveness and positive interpersonal skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- 2 years Endoscopy specific experience and/or equivalent in a health care environment
- Knowledge of Surgical Instrumentation and Medical terminology
- Knowledge related to the Basic Principles of Infection Control including Universal Precautions
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 29, 2021
Submission deadline: May 05, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.