Administrative Assistant, Psychiatry
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until March 31, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
To provide confidential functional administrative support to the Department Chief for the Mental Health program office operations, and Medical Director for the Mental Health Education office. This individual will be required to support the administrative and academic accountabilities of the Department Chief, provide liaison within and external to the organization. and provide assistance to enquiries. He/she will also provide day to day administrative support and manage confidential correspondence to physician leaders, and facilitate the smooth operation of the Mental Health Education office.
Teaching and Research
- Secondary school diploma plus completion community college 2-3 year diploma program in Office Administration is required
- Three to five years of experience working in an Administrative Assistant role preferably in a hospital setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated patient/customer service focus, including conflict management
- Proactive, positive and professional attitude; highly motivated and creative thinker
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a changing environment
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint including a minimum typing speed of 40-50 wpm
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 28, 2021
Submission deadline: May 04, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.