Posting # 45035 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Medicine Services
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
- Current work assignment: 1 Chronic Pain Program / Integrated Chronic Disease (0.6/0.4)
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being. Our different teams work together to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow up care.
Medicine services at St. Josephs is currently seeking a Psychologist to support behavioural programming for patients living with chronic disease. The role will support program development, quality improvement/evaluation; staff education and capacity building; as well as direct patient care. The psychologist will support an integrated program across our chronic disease programs (Diabetes, Cardiology, Respirology, Rheumatology, Asthma, Allergy, Chronic Pain) to support behavioural change and mental health needs of patients.
This assignment will be primarily focused toward serving people living with Chronic Pain as well as offering additional support to other chronic disease programs.
Direct clinical service will involve balance of group and individualized psychological services based on patients' needs.
- Valid registration as a psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated psychological assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic intervention skills related to adjustment to and management of chronic illness and psychological comorbidities
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and/or Group Intervention
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessment techniques
- Knowledge of program and service evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in research methodology, outcome measurement related to clinical practice and the ability to evaluate practice change
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome-oriented practice
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain effective partnerships within the community in order to effectively address patient needs.
- Clinical experience with medical patients (Health and Rehabilitation Psychology)
- Training and experience in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and in evidenced based approaches to health behavioural change
- Strong collaborative, communication, interpersonal, counseling and problem-solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 27, 2021
Submission deadline: May 25, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.