Coordinator, Hospital Site Logistics (Manager), HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
This role has the responsibility and accountability for the on-site hospital logistics functions of HMMS. Our customers rely on this individual to ensure the right product gets to the right place at the right time in the most efficient method possible.
This role will manage the workload, workflow and staffing of full time and part time staff in the Storekeeper classification (Unionized) and Supply Service Representative (Non-union). These staff work at multiple hospital sites throughout London 24/7 and are responsible for placing requisitions, receiving, shipping, par replenishment, and picking orders.
This role will need to understand and react to internal and external pressures such as cost containment, department changes, staff capabilities, customer expectations and organizational strategies.
Performance is monitored through a number of Key Performance Indicators related to service levels to customers within the London hospitals, staff productivity/workload, budget variance and strategic objectives. The successful candidate will ensure a safe work environment with an emphasis on customer service and quality.
- A Business Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Understanding of Health Care Supply Chain leading practices
- Strong business analytical skills and experience with strategic planning
- Strong, refined presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and function as part of a team
- Strong ability to facilitate, coach and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation and ability to execute change effectively using team participation and group decision making skills
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership capabilities including: Lead Self; Engage Others; Achieve Results; Develop Coalition; System Transformation
Teaching and Research
- Professional Supply Chain Management designation
- Experience in a healthcare setting, Lean practices and Project Management would be an asset
- Experience leading a unionized team
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 20, 2021
Submission deadline: May 04, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.