Personal Support Worker (PSW), Veterans Care Program
- 5 positions
Veterans Care Program
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Veterans Care Program assists war service Veterans whose daily functioning and health is affected by chronic illnesses as well as physical and mental health problems, which may include dementia. We support Veterans to be as independent as possible and to reach their full capability within a safe environment. Families are key partners in our care team and are supported by the team to adjust and adapt to the changing needs of their issues. You will provide quality care and work within a comprehensive interdisciplinary team to promote the health and well-being and meet the social, emotional and spiritual needs of Veterans requiring substantial assistance with activities of daily family member.
The Personal Support Worker will assist the interdisciplinary team to provide support with the activities of daily living to patients and residents under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program from an accredited education facility
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Experience and knowledge of the care needs of long term and continuing care patients
- Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work in the team environment
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position which includes heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Demonstrated flexibility, observational and organizational skills
Teaching and Research
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent in Ontario
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience and knowledge in the care of individuals with dementia
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 06, 2021
Submission deadline: April 12, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.