Posting # 44851 - [ UNIFOR ]
Registered Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Services
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Pharmacy Services is currently seeking skilled and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technicians to join our team.
St. Joseph's cares for a diverse patient population across multiple sites. This offers an excellent opportunity to provide a broad range of pharmacy care across different clinical settings.
The Pharmacy Technician is a key individual in the medication distribution system. The successful candidate will display excellent organizational and communication skills while collaborating with pharmacists and other health care professionals to provide outstanding service, exceptional patient care, and ensure safe and effective medication management at all times.
Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician may include, but are not limited to: preparing sterile and non-sterile extemporaneous products, inventory control, packaging, supply and delivery of medications, liaising with nursing staff on the patient care units, education and training as well as obtaining Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH).
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Diploma from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant/Technician community college program
- Registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Strong mathematical skills to accurately prepare, compound, and dispense medications
- Recent hospital or retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, bending, walking, sitting, standing, and keyboarding
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum two (2) years recent hospital pharmacy experience
- Previous computer experience, particularly with Cerner/Pharmnet pharmacy system
- Prior experience collecting and documenting Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 06, 2021
Submission deadline: April 12, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.