Registered Nurse, Urgent Care Centre
- 1 position
Urgent Care Centre
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until November 30, 2021, subject to the availability of work.
The primary role of the RN is to provide high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care in partnership with patients and families, in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards as wells St. Joseph's mission, vision, values and policies. The RN in Urgent Care participates as a lead member on the Medical Emergency Response Team responding to the medical emergencies encountered at St. Joseph's Hospital Site.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid ACLS
- Valid PALS and/or ENPC
- Previous three (3) years Emergency nursing experience within the past five years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated competency for patient assessment, planning and evaluating care interventions.
- Demonstrate competency for Triage of registered patients.
- Demonstrated ability to function productively in a demanding work environment
- Demonstrated experience in processing referrals and accessing community resources
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in I.V., Phlebotomy, EKG Interpretation, BDC drug administration and competency in medically delegated acts, eg. defibrillation and transcutaneous pacing
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course
- Ambulatory Care course
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 06, 2021
Submission deadline: April 12, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.