Social Worker (BSW), Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Program
- 1 position
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Program
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until July 17, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
The Regional Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Treatment Program provides a wrap-around model of care for people who are victims of a sexual assault and/or domestic violence. We are a regional centre treating client population which is inclusive of all ages and gender identities and expressions who have experienced known or suspected sexual assault/abuse. Sexual assault means any form of sexual activity done to a person without consent. It does not always involve physical violence and is often committed by someone known to the individual.
An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a social worker to join the Regional Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Treatment Program to provide comprehensive clinical interventions including assessment, crisis intervention, psycho-education, psychotherapy, art therapy, and play therapy with individuals, supports and their families. Important components of the role also include community liaison and collaboration with social service and health /mental health care organizations.
In addition to highly developed and specialized clinical knowledge and skills, the social worker possesses the ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team, with a trauma informed, non-judgmental, respectful and reflective approach to practice.
- Valid registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers as a Registered Social Worker
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Recent clinical experience working with adults, children and their families living with trauma, mental health and concurrent disorders.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in delivering evidence-based social work therapeutic interventions to children and diverse client populations.
- Highly developed skills in psychosocial assessment and treatment, with the ability to identify client needs, engage in critical analysis through professional assessment, and skillfully implement social work interventions in collaboration with the client, family and the inter-professional team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and the ability to mobilize community resources
- Demonstrated advocacy skills
- Proven crisis intervention skills
- Highly developed interpersonal, problem-solving and facilitation skills as well as the ability to function effectively in an inter-professional team.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
Teaching and Research
- Master of Social Work
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 06, 2021
Submission deadline: April 12, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.