Certified EMG Technician, Ambulatory Care - EMG
- 1 position
Ambulatory Care - EMG
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
The EMG Technician will perform nerve conduction studies and assist physiatrists in the performance of EMG studies. The technician will participate in conferences, technical meetings and teaching sessions.
Please note that consideration may be given to candidates willing to work towards successful completion of the BRETC examination in the absence of applicants who fully meet the essential qualifications in terms of experience.
- College Diploma in a Biological Science area
- Ability to operate electrodiagnostic equipment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Familiarity with nerve conduction study (lower and upper extremities) techniques and assisting with needle EMG studies
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills to meet high volume needs
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- University degree in Biological Sciences, i.e. Physiology, Anatomy, Kinesiology
- Member of the Association of Electromyography Technologists of Canada (A.E.T.C.)
- Registered through the Board of Registration for Electromyography Technologists of Canada (B.R.E.T.C.)
- Computer competency
- Experience in related research
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 16, 2021
Submission deadline: May 07, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.