Clinic Clerk - Otolaryngology Clinic
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Casual Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
An exciting opportunity exists for a casual clerk within the An exciting opportunity exists for a casual clerk within the Otololaryngology, Head, Neck and Facial Plastic Surgery department of St. Joseph's Health Care, London. This unit specializes in the care of patients with various conditions but not limited to those requiring rhinolaryngoscopic procedures, biopsies, minor procedures, post op wound care, and clinical follow up. The successful incumbent will work with several Otolaryngologists, RPNs, secretaries and a fellow clerk in providing registration and scheduling support to a high volume clinic.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/secretarial certificate program
- Minimum one year of recent clerical experience
- Demonstrated computer skills including basic level knowledge of Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of a computerized patient care system
- Good judgment and decision making skills required to ensure all necessary information is collected
- Good clerical skills including accurate typing and spelling
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (telephone and in person)
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Experience in dealing with the public
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting
- Strong organizational abilities
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Previous experience in registration in a health care environment
- Cerner scheduling and registration experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 07, 2021
Submission deadline: April 13, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.