Registered Nurse, Mental Health
- 1 position
ECT, Health Services
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
The Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model is the foundation of our work, and is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, it also includes a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans.
As a member of the Health Services team you will play an integral role in the provision of patient care services, central to all programs at Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building. These services include Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT recovery room, venipuncture, electrocardiograms, and various consultation clinics.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Venipuncture skills
- Knowledge, skills and experience dealing with medical emergencies
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated assessment, consultation, and evaluation skills in the care of mental health clients
- Ability to use best practice guidelines to address client concerns and needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family and caregivers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- ECT knowledge and experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 09, 2021
Submission deadline: June 15, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.