Posting # 44756 - [ Non-Union ]
Coordinator of Health Information Management
- 1 position
Health Information Management
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Coordinator of Health Information Management is an exciting leadership opportunity at St. Joseph’s that is accountable for overseeing our Health Information Management (HIM) team at St. Joseph’s Hospital.
This influential leadership position reports directly to the Director of Finance and Health Information Management and works collaboratively with the Coordinator of Health Information Management at Parkwood Institute.
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the Coordinator will demonstrate effective communication, visionary leadership and exceptional people management skills complimented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
The Coordinator also serves as a member of several internal, citywide and regional committees. As St. Joseph’s utilizes a shared instance of an electronic health record (EHR) with 7 other hospitals in our region, our efforts as a team always consider our peers across the region who share our EHR.
St. Joseph’s Hospital HIM Team
The St. Joseph’s Hospital HIM team is responsible for the following functional areas:
- Records Management, Retrieval and Retention
- Coding and Abstracting
- Release of Information
- Data Analysis / Statistical Reporting
- Quality Assurance
- Records/Registration Auditing
- Chart Completion and Provider Deficiency Monitoring
The Coordinator of HIM is accountable for the above functions at St. Joseph’s Hospital, leading the team and fostering effective working relationships both within HIM and across St. Joseph’s. The Coordinator of HIM is responsible for ensuring appropriate processes are in place to safeguard and ensure the confidentiality of St. Joseph’s patient information, maintaining legislative compliance to minimize organizational and professional risk and impact to our patients.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM) is required
- Active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Minimum two years' experience in leadership role in a health care environment
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet challenging timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, peers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development, collaboration and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving along with exceptional facilitation and coaching skills
- Demonstrated leadership, team development, and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and interdisciplinary team collaboration
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards and legislation related to management in a healthcare organization
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality within a health care environment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legislation related to Employment, People & Financial Management
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act, Health Care consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Public Hospitals Act, Department of Veterans Affairs Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Criminal Code Act, Long Term Care Homes Act, CIHI Coding Guidelines, Ontario Ministry of Health funding models including HBAM and QBP’s.
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership Capabilities including: Lead Self; Engage Others; Achieve Results; Develop Coalition; System Transformation
Teaching and Research
- Experience working in a HIM team at an academic hospital and/or multi-site hospital
- Experience working with the 3M Coding and Abstracting software suite or other similar software suites
- Experience working with Cerner Millennium and related applications including application instances that have transitioned or are in transition to an electronic health record
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 22, 2021
Submission deadline: April 12, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.