Posting # 44754 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Mental Health
- 1 position
Elgin Act 2
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Elgin Assertive Community Treatment Team Two
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Will require some evening and weekend shifts
The Mental Health Program has adopted the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, and a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. In order to make this vision a reality the program ensures that all of its clinical staff have the necessary skills by providing education and training, and has in place an evaluation framework to measure quality of services delivered including client outcomes.
Using the principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation within the Assertive Community Treatment Team model of care, the successful candidate will provide comprehensive community support/rehabilitation/treatment to individuals with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a bio-psychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills, and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious and persistent mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation Knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and treatments, psychotropic medications and symptom management
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to function effectively independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to accept and positively influence change in the work environment
- Experience in crisis intervention and the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
- Ability to travel extensively within the catchment of Elgin County
Teaching and Research
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation and the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Model
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Elgin County social and health services network
- Certified in, or in process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- Two years experience in mental health care
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 07, 2021
Submission deadline: April 13, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.