Registered Nurse, Pre-Surgical Screening
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
A challenging opportunity exists for an individual to work in a team environment within the Perioperative Program to assess and prepare patients for surgery.
The Pre-Surgical Screening Unit is a specialized clinic that provides a streamlined approach to the preoperative assessment of patients requiring surgery. The clinic has up to 200 visits per week comprised of both in person and telephone calls between the hours of 0800 and 1800.
The pre-admission nurse is responsible to ensure that patients receive a comprehensive assessment and plan to meet patient and family needs. The nurse ensures that the patient is well informed about the surgical experience including the appropriate health teaching and post operative care requirements.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- 2 years recent acute surgical experience within the last 5 years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Excellent assessment, independent decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in the teaching of patients and families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Personal commitment to professional development
- Innovative, creative and willing to participate in team projects
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a member of an Interdisciplinary team
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience in an ambulatory setting
- Surgical Day Care experience
- Experience in a Preadmission Program
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: April 05, 2021
Submission deadline: April 11, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.