Pharmacist, Pharmacy Services
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
St Joseph's Health Care London (Mental Health Care) offers an exciting opportunity for a licensed pharmacist to practice pharmaceutical care in an outpatient setting. You will be responsible for identifying and resolving drug related problems for a diverse population living with mental health challenges. As a valued member of the interdisciplinary team you will interact with physicians and health professionals to optimize drug therapy in a client focused environment. You will work with clients to provide care that will assist and support them, meeting their evident and anticipated needs, to promote a healthy lifestyle and to enhance well-being and quality of life. You will be a drug information resource and provide input on drug formulary and utilization issues. Opportunities for involvement include participation in decision making on pharmacy and intradepartmental committees, education of nursing and allied health staff, developing clinical practice guidelines, professional education and student education.
- Part A licensed pharmacist in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Valid authorization to provide injections by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum three (3) years retail pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of the Kroll system is an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 01, 2021
Submission deadline: March 01, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.