Senior Storekeeper (Truck Driver/Warehouse), HMMS
- 4 positions
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a Joint Venture between London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London to integrate and consolidate the functions of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Receiving, Warehousing, Distribution, and Inventory Management.
HMMS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Senior Storekeeper assigned to an offsite warehousing and distribution facility located on Stronach Crescent. The role of Senior Storekeeper includes material handling, order consolidation, shipping and receiving, and driving a 26' commercial vehicle with an automatic transmission and lift gate. Driving assignments are both in city and throughout the region. The employer will provide training and certification for operation of a Class 1 Counter Balance, Class 2 Reach Truck and/or Class 3.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Valid Class G Driver's License and demonstrated ability to operate a 26' or greater commercial vehicle with an automatic transmission
- Forklift Class 1, 2 & 3 familiarity and successful completion of certification within six months of start date
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self-direction
- Database computer experience
Teaching and Research
- DZ Driver's License
- Previous experience in Inventory Control/Logistics
- Previous experience driving a 26' or greater commercial vehicle
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 22, 2021
Submission deadline: February 28, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.