Logistics Site Specialist, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, created to consolidate the functions of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics and Inventory Management for the London and surrounding area Hospitals.
This role will actively execute the day to day Warehousing and Logistics operations of HMMS centralized warehousing system to ensure that customer needs are met and HMMS resources (human, capital and technological) are maximized.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Warehousing and Logistics, the Logistics Site Specialist will provide direction to the staff onsite. He/she will be responsible for leading the day to day workload related to, pick and pack, consolidation, shipping, receiving and material handling, while promoting an environment where safety, quality, mutual respect, and productivity are key priorities.
- Graduate of a Post-Secondary School Diploma in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of current experience in logistics and inventory operations
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated understanding of Health Care Supply Chain leading practices
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams, resulting in cost savings, improved efficiency and/or process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of business software applications, including Microsoft Office, particularly demonstrating a basic knowledge of Word and an intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of Warehouse and Inventory management software applications
- Strong business analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at building positive relationships with superior customer service skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, strategic and operational decision making skills
- Demonstrated project management, initiative and creative problem solving skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, coaching and conflict management skills
Teaching and Research
- Related health care experience
- Related Warehousing and Logistics experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 22, 2021
Submission deadline: February 28, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.