Corporate Business Consultant - Finance
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated team player to join St. Joseph's finance department. As the Corporate Business Consultant, you will be part of a collaborative team which focuses on providing business and information support to the many facets of our diverse organization.
Responsibilities of this role include internal and external financial reporting, assessing the impact of projects and decisions on hospital funding methodologies, comparison of St. Joseph's financial performance to external benchmarks, budgeting processes, cash flow analysis, working with our external auditors and engagement and collaboration with leaders and teams across St. Joseph's.
This role is specifically responsible for all capital budgeting and capital reporting processes for St. Joseph's including monthly financial reporting, reporting on budget-to-actual results of approved capital projects, engagement of leaders and teams across the organization throughout the annual capital budgeting process, as well as the completion of external reporting to the Ministry of Health for major capital redevelopment projects. The capital elements of this role require ongoing engagement and collaboration with leaders and teams across the organization, including working with our Facilities Planning, Information Technology Services and the St. Joseph?s Healthcare Foundation leaders and teams, who play significant roles in our capital processes.
This role is also responsible for all accounting, reporting and cash flow forecasting functions tied to St. Joseph's investment portfolio which is managed by St. Joseph's external investment manager, working with the finance leadership team and St. Joseph's Investment Subcommittee of the Board.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of accounting principles and experience with public sector accounting standards. Excellent organizational, presentation, problem solving and leadership skills are essential. Our dynamic environment requires your proven computer experience, particularly with excel and other database systems with the ability to abstract, manipulate and analyze information from our existing general ledger and sub-systems. Your keen interest will afford you the opportunity to learn and contribute to a broad spectrum of accounting and finance functions and issues at St. Joseph's.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Successful completion of a recognized Professional Accounting Designation
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- A sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, Knowledge of month end accounting procedures and reconciliations
- Demonstrated computer experience with Microsoft Word and advanced Excel
- Experience with financial reporting software applications
- Expertise in manipulation of data and file transfers
- Self-directed individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with specific attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in Oracle eBusiness financial reporting software, which is used by St. Josephs
- Experience as the team member responsible for capital budgeting and reporting processes
- Experience with a public accounting firm is an asset
- Experience with public sector accounting standards
- Experience as the team member responsible for the preparation of working papers in support of an organizations external audit.
- Successful completion of Management Information System (MIS) Level I & II Certification
- Experience in a health care environment
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 19, 2021
Submission deadline: March 04, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.