Medical Secretary - Geriatrics
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
An exciting opportunity exists for an innovative and collaborative professional within the Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, supporting Dr. Thain. As the successful candidate, you will support this physician's clinical practice; travel between St. Joseph's sites might be required on clinic days. You will also be responsible for OHIP billings, organize and maintain office activities, produce correspondence; dictatyping; handle program referrals and support patient activity; manage physician's calendar. This position will also work collaboratively with other Medical Secretaries within Geriatric Medicine to support goals and outcomes of the team.
Department of Medicine Division of Geriatrics supporting Dr. Thain.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretary Diploma
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent typing skills, minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Teaching and Research
- Experience working in a Medical Secretary role providing direct support to a Physician Demonstrated understating and proficiency in OHIP billing procedures
- Experience with Outlook an asset
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
- Maintenance of patient records
- Preparation of physician correspondence
- Office primary accounting tasks
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 19, 2021
Submission deadline: February 25, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.