Registered Nurse, Mental Health
- 3 positions
Treatment & Rehab G3 & H3
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Regular Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
The Treatment and Rehabilitation program at Parkwood Institute provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with severe persistent mental illnesses on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition to providing direct care to individuals living with mental illness, we are actively involved in the education of future clinicians and in advancing the research knowledge base. Our work is guided by a recovery- oriented philosophy of care as well as the utilization of treatment and rehabilitation interventions that are based on the best available evidence of their effectiveness to assist individuals in pursuing their life goals. We believe in supporting both the individual and their family/friends throughout their recovery journey.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients who experience severe persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills, and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience in mental health
- Certified/or in the process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 22, 2021
Submission deadline: February 28, 2021
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.