Student, QM & CDS
- 1 position
Quality Measurement and Clinical Decision Support (QM & CDS)
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
This temporary full-time position is anticipated to extend until December 17, 2021.
Quality Measurement and Clinical Decision Support (QM & CDS) provides corporate and program leadership in the collection, analysis, reporting and utilization of data and information to support clinical decision-making, performance measurement, quality improvement and initiatives supporting the strategic plan and Accreditation. Primary sources of data managed by QM&CDS include patient, resident and family satisfaction surveys, Resident Assessment Instruments, the National Rehabilitation Reporting System, Patient Safety Reporting System, Infomed Workload Measurement System, and Case Costing System.
As a Decision Support Intern in QM&CDS, this role will work in a team environment with QM&CDS Consultants and Specialists. You will provide support to priorities and processes related to data quality in QM&CDS-managed systems, and will assist with extraction, linkage and transformation of data as well as analysis and report preparation to display quantitative information. You will support test plans for vendor applications as well as internal business intelligence development projects based on data from multiple information systems. You will provide assistance to work related to QM&CDS web pages and web forms.
You are creative and highly motivated and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current student enrolled in a post-secondary Health Informatics or equivalent program
- Successful completion of course work in Health Informatics, Clinical Information Systems, Data Analysis, Relational Database Concepts, Report Writing and Communications
- Understanding of hospital/health information systems
- Experience with database design and linkage of tables from multiple systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Knowledge of report design and graphical representation of data
- Excellent organizational skill and an understanding of appropriate documentation
- Knowledge of processes to gather and analyze data and information requirements
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with teams and peers, and work in an interdisciplinary team setting
Teaching and Research
- Experience with Tableau software
- Current enrollment in the Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science, Conestoga College
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 22, 2021
Submission deadline: February 05, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.