Registered Practical Nurse, Mental Health
- 2 positions
Forensic Psychiatry Program
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Using the principles of client-centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Experience and knowledge of the special needs and nursing care needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Good working knowledge of mental health legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Ability to coordinate care collaboratively with the Registered Nurse and other multi-disciplinary team members as well as to function independently with clients with a predictable outcome
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated skills in effectively responding to psychiatric and physical emergencies and/or crisis situations
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum of one year experience in mental health
- Completion of courses in psychiatric nursing
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 19, 2021
Submission deadline: February 25, 2021
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.