Registered Nurse, Allergy Clinic/Venom/Asthma
- 2 positions
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being. Teams work together to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow up care.
A challenging opportunity exists for a self-directed and independent Registered Nurse to enhance patient care and education in the Allergy/Immunology/Venom/Asthma clinic. The incumbent would be responsible for triage and referral management, assessment and treatment of patients in the clinic, including but not limited to, skin testing, drug and food challenge testing, allergy immunotherapy injections, patient education as well as assisting the physicians and other team members.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certification
- Minimum one year current ambulatory care experience
- Previous experience in skin testing and/or immunotherapy injection management
- Current experience working with patients who have allergies (infant to elderly) within the last 3 years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate health education strategies
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation, conflict resolution and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and function independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and changing work environment
- Demonstrated experience in the development of age appropriate teaching materials and the ability to teach patients, family and caregivers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Current membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Certified Asthma Educator
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 13, 2021
Submission deadline: January 19, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.