Clinical Receptionist Assistant, Family Medical Centre
- 2 positions
Family Medical Centre
Family Medical Centre - London, ON
Regular Part Time
The St. Joseph's Family Medical Centre was the first community based Family Medical Centre in Canada. It was founded in 1969 as a partnership with the University of Western Ontario, St. Joseph's Hospital, and the College of Family Physicians of Canada. The facility at 346 Platt's Lane has been in operation since 1985. The St. Joseph's Family Medical and Dental Centre provides comprehensive health care with a patient-centered focus. Family medicine is delivered through active health promotion, ongoing supportive care and the active treatment of disease. The centre supports a quality undergraduate and post-graduate education program, advancing medical knowledge through clinic research.
The Family Medical Centre requires a skilled Clinical Receptionist Assistant to work closely with the team to support the everyday operations of the clinic. The Clinical Receptionist Assistant enables improved patient flow and ensures continued quality for the unit by registering and scheduling patients, assisting with infection control by completing the active screening process and ensuring exam rooms and areas are stocked with necessary equipment. The Family Medical Centre CRA may be responsible for entering clinical information on the patient file and reports any pertinent findings to the team as necessary.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Assistant certificate program
- Demonstrated computer experience with a basic level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, along with experience with Outlook
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Accurate keyboarding and spelling skills
- Previous experience with computerized patient care systems, computer order entry and data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to ensure all necessary information is collected as per individual circumstances
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience working with CERNER and Telus Practice Solutions Suite
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 07, 2021
Submission deadline: January 13, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.