Personal Support Worker (PSW), Specialized Geriatric Services
- 1 position
Specialized Geriatric Services
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The 30 bed Geriatric Rehabilitation Unit and the 20 bed Musculoskeletal unit are part of Specialized Geriatric Services. We provide comprehensive geriatric assessment and management as well as an intensive rehabilitation program. Our patients are typically admitted from acute care and participate in our program for approximately 2-6 weeks. Upon discharge, our patients commonly return to independent living in the community.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program from an accredited education facility
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, observation and assertiveness skills
- Ability to perform functions that require heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Ability to assist with safe lifting, transferring and ambulation of patients
- Ability to work in a team environment
Teaching and Research
- Grade 12 education or equivalent as recognized in Ontario
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- One year experience in a rehabilitation setting
- Previous experience with caring for a geriatric population
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of hospital equipment
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 07, 2021
Submission deadline: January 13, 2021
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.