Registered Nurse, Specialized Geriatric Services
- 3 positions
Specialized Geriatric Services
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Regular Part Time
We require a skilled registered nurse to provide patient centered care with a rehabilitation focus to a diverse population of clients including the frail elderly and patients of all ages with a musculoskeletal diagnosis. Specialized Geriatric Services includes the: Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Unit, Geriatric Rehabilitation Unit, Day Hospital and Regional Geriatric Program.
The successful candidate may be required to work anywhere within the program and must be available for all shifts.
As an integral part of an expert health care team, this is an exciting opportunity for clinical learning and skill development.
- Current R.N. certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Certification for phlebotomy and IV starts or willing to certify within three months of start date
- Experience and knowledge of the nursing care needs of geriatric patients requiring rehabilitation and patients requiring musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Ability to establish positive relationships with customers and to work as an effective team member
- Ability to function autonomously and to adapt to constantly changing unpredictable situations, and varying workload
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Commitment to professional development
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience
- Experience with an acute adult medicine and / or orthopedic population
- Experience with and knowledge of the specialized care requirements of the geriatric population
- CNA Certification and/or enhanced learning in Gerontology
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 07, 2021
Submission deadline: January 13, 2021
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.