Medical Secretary, Department of Medicine
- 1 position
Department of Medicine
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until December 31, 2021, subject to the availability of work
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative professional to provide medical secretarial support to physicians’ practices/offices within the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine at St. Joseph's Health Care, London.
Duties will include management of patient referrals, records and appointment scheduling, office correspondence, filling, taking phone messages, responding by phone/email to patient inquiries related to Virtual Care visits. The incumbent will work collaboratively with other medical secretaries currently supporting the physicians’ practices and will share responsibilities of the workload.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretary diploma
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 40 wpm typing speed
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills to balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Teaching and Research
- Experience with Outlook and Cerner/Electronic Health Records is an asset
- Ability to adjust quickly to a fast-paced clinical work environment and show flexibility to change in process
- Ability to support physician productivity by maintaining calendar and scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph’s, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 06, 2021
Submission deadline: January 20, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.